Monday, July 9, 2012

Donkey

I use a lot of sources for my recovery . I love the story in the old testament of God talking to Balaam through a donkey. I was going up and down the channels on TV and I heard a fundamentalist minister say this : Before God talked to Balaam through the donkey :The donkey was a donkey. While god was talking through the donkey : the donkey was a donkey and after God finished talking through the donkey the donkey was a donkey.Then he added because why didn't God talk directly to Balaam . The minister said because God likes to show us He talks to us through other things.So when people talk to me I listen because they may be my donkey . I don't care what they do before or afterwards. They are just a donkey. Same for me if I am lucky enough for God to talk through me . I am just the donkey . If I could ever say anything that helps you on your journey . Always remember I'm just the donkey . It is God talking to you . Also use what you can and leave the rest . Your heart will know what you need.

I like this also . If you were to take a sign pointing to Memphis  and take it to a lab and melt it down . Study all of it's components . You would not find Memphis . It is only a sign pointing to Memphis. Same with fables or the like . If you pick them apart  , You will not find the truth . They are only signs pointing to the truth.

Everyday I start my day by saying and claiming , " I am a beautiful precious child of God." I will tell you more about this later. You will not believe it at first , but it has worked for me . You are indeed  A beautiful precious child of God .

No comments:

Post a Comment