Thursday, July 26, 2012


Pets

I am house and pet sitting while my daughter and her family are on vacation. The needs of the pets for human contact always amazes me .I do not own a pet so to see this need is interesting .Many times I will close the door of the room in which I’m reading for I like my privacy too .At least three times a day I will sit in the living room where they can get to me and in no time flat they appear. The dog always comes first and all he wants is for me to pet him and to talk to him .Before long he is resting at my feet pushed up against my legs for contact .Next in a short time one of the two cats has arrived and gets in my lap. While I stroke him he starts a quiet purring I can feel. A side note : one cat I can hear purr and the other I can feel .The second cat on arrival ends up on my shoulder .At night I like to sleep on the couch in  the game room and this is our sleeping pattern dog at feet ,cat on my back and the other beside my head. I can tell they need this companionship and human contact. It is just a strange phenomenon to me. It is relaxing to me sitting for at least an hour three times day and not moving and relaxing my muscles and quieting my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment